Monday, June 11, 2007

Knee Deep in the NL

Over the weekend the Sox took two of three from the Arizona Diamondbacks. Am I shocked? No, not really. Despite the fact that the D-Backs are shaping up to be a solid team, the Sox have one of the best records against the National League over the past few seasons. I’m a little more concerned about something else, that of course is the New York Yankees.

They swept the Pittsburgh Pirates over the weekend and will host the same Diamondbacks and probably will show no signs of stopping their current six game winning streak. Roger Clemens is back in the rotation and looked pretty sharp Saturday even though he gave up three earned in six innings. Are the Yankees back? The pitching looks good and the bats are hot. Then again it did come against two teams that are pretty God awful.

Boston has the day off today in Boston but will tune up for another long road trip next week traveling to Atlanta, San Diego, then finally Seattle. Until then they will host the Colorado Rockies and San Francisco Giants. Two teams that are struggling in the National League, let alone playing superior American League opponents. I’m expecting the Sox to go 5-1 and I'll live with 4-2. Anything less will certainly be a disappointment.

Once again, I have to apologize because work is kicking my ass. I don’t have time to dig up, remember, or write down stats. It sucks because I really enjoy writing here and updating on the season and how well the players are doing. Hopefully work calms down in the next week or two.

No comments: