Monday, September 24, 2007

By A Thread

If you thought that I hated the fact that Larry the Cable Guy is a Nebraska Cornhuskers fan, you can’t imagine how much I hate this fucktard being a Red Sox fan. It makes me want to hit myself over the head hard with a hammer, but, like, harder. That’s my best impression of Mr. Cook. It almost sucks as much as he does.

So here we go. Six more games to go for the Red Sox and for the New York Yankees. The Sox are going to make the playoffs with no worse than a wild card berth. I would say that “earning” the wild card spot would be a let down and a gateway to a first round exit at the hands of the Cleveland Indians or the Los Angles Angels of Anaheim by way of Orange County in California. Either way, if the Sox roll into the playoffs with no momentum by losing the division look for a similar flame out on par with 2005 after being swept by the Chicago White Sox in the ALDS.

I didn’t watch any baseball this weekend. No, not because I hate watching them play at The Trop, but because I was entrenched in wedding boot camp hell. If you’re Catholic and were married in a Catholic Church you need not ask, you’re already well aware of the atrocities perpetrated by the uber-parishioners that volunteer to run these types of things.

From what I hear from a source that was at all three games in Tampa, Friday’s game was "your typical blowout," Saturday was a "valiant comeback" and Sunday was "too close for comfort." The loss yesterday dropped the Sox back to only leading the Yanks by 1 ½ games. Luckily for Red Sox Nation, the Blue Jays defeated the Yanks in the Bronx 4-1 this afternoon. I actually listened to the game at work. Man, I fucking hate John Sterling.

The Sox and Yankees have decidedly different paths to the postseason. Boston will play host to the Oakland Athletics for two games and will wrap up the season with a four game series against the Minnesota Twins. They Sox have played the A’s like complete shit this season, and the Twins could be dangerous depending on how they view the benefit of wrapping up the season on the road at Fenway Park. They’re young and tend to play over their heads while winning, and on the verge of looking like a AAA team while on the short end of the stick. I’ve circled this series on my calendar, and it’s been that way since about June. I know if the Twins are responsible for the Sox losing the American League East, it will no doubt trigger a lot of shit from my “friends” over at TwinsTown.

The Yankees played their last regular season game in Yankees Stadium today. That means they'll finish on the road. Don't get your AL East Division hats out yet...it's against the Devil Rays and Orioles.

I’m not one to disappoint, so here is a taste of what I went through this weekend…



No comments: