Thursday, January 3, 2008

Offseason Slowdown

You know it's a slow postseason when the two biggest stories to come out of the Sox camp is Jonathan Papelbon's bulldog eating the final out baseball of the Series and the organization getting slapped with paying a luxury tax.

I wish I had more to write about but there just isn't that much there. General manager Theo Epstein promptly resigned free agents and let go who they didn't want or need back in 2008. The Santana trade talks are going virtually nowhere, making me think the Sox were just in it to inflate his price so the Yankees would sacrifice way too much which is shrewd and genius at the same time.

Curt Schilling said a few weeks ago after the Mitchell Report came out that if in fact Roger Clemens did take 'roids that he should give back his Cy Young awards from when he was with the Blue Jays and Yankees. Some days I'd like to give Schil' one of my patented "Shut the Fuck Up" Awards, but if I did it would start a slippery slope of passing one out to him every other month.

It's fine to have an opinion, but most of the world probably doesn't care. And with Congress sniffing Schilling's ass just as much as they were Clemens', he should count his blessings no one tattled on him too. No sense in being holier than thou, which is also a crappy Metallica song. Nevermind.

Kevin Youkilis is now giving a ringing endorsement to an energy drink called "SlumpBuster," or "SlumpBustah" as I heard it pronounced.

It's less than two months until most players start reporting to spring training. The Sox first game is against Boston College in a split squad matchup on February 28th. The exodus to City of Palms Park cannot get here soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

I was thinking about doing a series of posts about former Sox with kick ass names, like this guy...

One can only hope to have a name as phenomenal as this dudes. Dick Pole totally ruled. Greg Maddux idolized him too, it's true.

2 comments:

SDTwin said...

You ARE!
YOU!
KNOW!
NOT!
Dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-DUHHHHHH!!!!!!

ZSS said...

Strangely enough, this is my second post in a row where I have referenced that song's title.