Thursday, February 14, 2008

Let the Countdown Begin

What has the last week brought to me on the doorstep of Spring Training? Curt Schilling possibly out for the season with a shoulder injury in his pitching arm! Hurray. Now the most hated man, according to me, is in the mix to take over the fifth spot in the Boston rotation. That’s right, Julian Tavarez has just backed up into the starting rotation once again. So, thanks for that Schilling. The organization wants him to rehab so he can play limited ball this year and probably force him into retirement after the season. Schilling wants season ending surgery so he can play in 2009. We’ll see who budges first.

Kevin Youkilis and the Red Sox brass avoided salary arbitration by signing the first baseman to a one year, $3 million contract. Last year Youk went .288 and had 16 home runs with 83 RBI’s. I find it funny on a few message boards that I read where fans will tout GM Theo Epstein as a god because of his ability to avoid salary arbitration with his players. Real tough when you have the second largest payroll in baseball.

Should I say something about Roger Clemens? I’m thinking no, it’s completely played out and I’m tired of talking about it and even more tired of other people talking about. Clemens’ wife should break him in half over her abs.

Roger Clemens is as guilty as a gay guy with a wheelbarrow full of buttholes, but I'm happy to see his name get dragged through the mud because he's a Yankee. I didn't really like Clemens back in the day when he played for the Sox, I just never really like him. I was sort of happy when he went to the Blue Jays, even after his 20 strike out performance in '96 as he was on his way out the door. Hopefully this thing gets wrapped up and buried soon, but I doubt it.

No comments: