Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"Hi, I'm Doug. Would you like to see my property?"

Hey everyone. This is former Red Sox catcher, Tim Wakefield personal assistant and World Series champion Doug Mirabelli. He would like to sell you a home as part of the Coldwell Banker team, fresh from spring training. For Realtors.

I'm not bagging on the guy, because as everyone knows when you retire, you can get a legitimate job or become John Kruk or John Salley. It's just sort of weird when a player leaves the game and turns to a job your uncool uncle does or used to do. He looks about as comfortable as an unarmed and pantsless Zack Efron in a Turkish bathhouse doesn't he?

Yet another loss on the Pac coast tonight. It's nice to see people who hate Boston and who have an axe to grind get frothy at the mouth while they are in the cellar with 95 percent still left on the year. It's sort of an odd dichotomy, I want to see Boston fade from from heads of frat boys with cargo shorts and flip flops who wear pink polo shirts on ladies night. But I also want them to win another World Series. Life is pain, brother.

I never thought I would be caught dead putting this on the record either, but part of me is glad to see Beckett get suspended for trying to give Bobby Abreu a labotomy on Sunday. Good thing he's still not pitching in the National League, or he probably wouldn't be pulling shit like this.

The other part of me thinks you're fucking retarded for thinking if Beckett wanted to nail Bobby he missed his mellon because his location was a little off.

No comments: