Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Opening Day Blahs

I've always been quick to jump on the Yankees for bad performances in April. Most of my Red Sox loving career it comes back to bite me in the ass in September, or earlier this decade, October. So, this is me not piling on.

Today, as the Sox make up their game from yesterday against the Rays, I will not point out that C.C. Sabathia pitched four and a third and gave up eight hits with six earned. I won't fan the flames on Mark Teixeira going o-fer his first day, or Xavier Nady leaving three on base and being yanked for Nick Swisher.

The only thing that makes me happy is that the subpar performance was in the new Yankee Stadium. What? It was in Baltimore? Shit, I was hoping that would make up for the ho-hum Opening Day.

Sox on at 3:05 against the newly hated Rayvals. That's a good one, copyright on the way. Hope MLB.TV has all the bugs out today.

No comments: