Friday, April 13, 2007

Lincoln and a Four Game Home Stand

This was what it looked like at Fenway yesterday. Cold and rainy. Rain outs, snow outs, and freeze outs have littered the '07 season so far and I won't be the first to say this, but they suck. It's to be expected in April I guess. So the Sox will make up the deciding game of the Seattle series on May 3rd which was supposed to be an extra day off between road trips to Baltimore and New York with a 2 game home stand against the A's before heading out on the road again to face the Twins.

On to this weekend...the Sawx will open up a 4 game series with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim presented by Disney who were previously 5-2 and off to a fast start before traveling to Milwaukee and losing 2 of 3 to the Cleveland Indians. I'm not reading too much into the Halo's losing that series considering they were in each game to the bitter end, and the fact that the inconsistent (and sometimes impotent) Sox lineup will have to stare down John Lackey tonight who has looked uncharacteristically good for the beginning of the season. Historically this guys sucks until after the first several starts of the year are over with, as he has the emotional consistency of a 13 year old girl. Everyone that follows Boston says the good news is that veteran knuckle baller Tim Wakefield got an extra day of rest. I'm not sure why exactly this is good news, maybe it's because of the heat he brings with 72 mph knuckle balls and the occasional "fast" ball. I won't be watching this game live tonight, although I'm setting my DVR to rifle through the commercials later on. I'll be watching "Blades of Glory" with my fiance' while the game is on. Maybe I'll be clever enough and dupe her into a romantic dinner at the 810 Zone, Kansas City's version of the ESPN Zone. We're very creative down here in Missouri.

In other news, if the weather holds up we'll be traveling up to Lincoln, Nebraska tomorrow to catch the Huskers in action against themselves in their annual spring game. I was really looking forward to the new season, but now that Zack Bowman may miss a significant part of the season with another knee injury and the fact that Sam Keller is bringing his head case act on the road to the mid-west, I'm approaching the '07 season with a lot of cautious optimism. Anyway, any day at Memorial Stadium is better than most days so I'll be sure to enjoy myself as a resident amateur scout for the Huskers as they showcase their talents.

2 comments:

SDTwin said...

Spoooooooonmaaaaaaaaannnnnnn!!!!

ZSS said...

I love ya buddy. Do you check your work email?