Thursday, May 24, 2007

Giambi Eats Japan!!


Just kidding...

None the less, Jason Giambi is a putz, just thought I would start my bitter entry on that note, after this cheater helped the Yankees with taking two of three from my Sawx. Bitchface. You have small balls.

In almost exactly a months time, the Sox drop their first series since the Blue Jays came to town and swept them in two games on April 23rd & 24th. I’m not about ready to jump off the Paseo Bridge here in KC, and I’m not too concerned with the team overall. The Yankees played well, despite A-Rod’s elbow almost disabling Dustin Pedroia’s nads on a slide up, as we’ll call it, into second on Tuesday's lone win. Boston gets a much needed day off today before they fly into Dallas in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow to open a weekend set with the Texas Rangers.

All I can say is “keep the ball in the Goddamn park!!” The Rangers are cranking out a lot of home runs in the month of May. Also noteworthy, Texas is the only other team besides the Yankees and Blue Jays to hand the Sox a series loss this season. Texas is coming off of losing two in a row to the Minnesota Twins this week, and are no doubt looking to get back into the swing of things (lame, I know). They are more than capable of winning the series against Boston, however with a little rest on a travel day it might do the Sox some good.

This was sort of a downer week for my team. Pretty much the first one all year. Not that I doubted their perspective before this week, but maybe it will remind them they are human and can lose. For the record, losing two out of three to the Yanks always puts me in a grumpy mood. The only saving grace is that they didn’t get swept on the back of Julian Tavarez Tuesday night. Who’da thought out of Tavarez, Tim Wakefield and Curt Schilling that Tavarez would be the one to get the lone victory. Guess my Predict-o-meter was a little off this week. Next on the docket for the Sox will be a homestand against the Cleveland Indians and the New York Yankees. The Yankees only picked up one game on the Sox this weekend, and maybe a little confidence along the way. However, the Yanks are not quite out of the woods, not just yet. With Clemens not looking so hot in his AA start last night, Carl Pavano out for the rest of his life, and the Jason Giambi mess no doubt gripping the clubhouse, I’m sure it’s a little tough to be a Yankee now. Despite all of this, I’m not writing them off. For those that don't know, Giambi BASICALLY all but said "Yeah, I took 'roids, fuck you" in a USA Today story early this week. If he did the Yanks could void his contract. No big loss for me personally.

Anyway, with rain in the forecast for the weekend in KC you can bet that I’ll probably be on my ass during the games against Texas and Monday night against the Inidans. Oh, and I would be a fool not to give a shout out to my hometown team who is the hottest team in the bigs right now. It's hard for even me to say it folks. The Royals are going for a series sweep of Cleveland tonight at home, and have won eight of their last ten. The world was crazy this week.

No comments: