Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sweet, Sweet Tears

I know I may be piling on a bit here, but this so awesome. Lord knows (and everyone else does too) that I hate the Yankees. Sometimes people will come up to me and ask "do you just hate the Yankees on general principle, or are there contributing factors in your disdain?"

This has been covered very well previously at another blog site, so I'm going to focus a little more on Yankees color commentator Suzyn Waldman. She works on 880 WCBS in Gotham and has pulled two of the worst broadcasting performances of the year, possibly even the decade. More on those in a bit.

I'm not a sexist, and I'm certainly not misogynistic, because if this would have been a man it would have made it like 10 times funnier. I just can't believe that they still allow this hag on the air. Then again, everything that happens in the Yankee universe allows the baseball world to revolve the way it does, right? God is a Yankee fan after all. So I suppose her actions and comments are justified in the eyes of Yankee fans.

I am including last night's post game comments from Ms. Waldman regarding what she saw in the locker room and in the press room in what will more than likely by Joe Torre's last game at the helm of the Yankees.

So what's the big deal? Why would I include post game radio comments about a team I clearly hate? Well, there is no better way to say it, but she starts crying about it. On the air. It's so awesome. You have to listen for yourself.

Sure, broadcast partner John Sterling prevents a full on bawl fest, which you can tell would have been coming had the "awesome" Sterling not put the brakes on her rant. But alas, he did stop her by adding some rationality to the conversation. Shocking, I know.

So here you go, the audio clip from last night's post on 880 WCBS.

As an added bonus, you can listen to the most gripping and historic event at Yankee Stadium. The day from earlier in the year when Roger Clemens announced he was returning to the Bronx. That sure did a lot of good, didn't it?

This one's for you Suz and I'll leave you with this. In the end above all I believe in balance in the world and on my blog. So, to balance out my disclaimer about being a feminist loving sensitive tool, I'm closing with this...

No comments: